Just In! We’re pleased to announce that Quinn Buckner, captain of the 1976 NCAA Men's Basketball Championship team and vice president of communications for Pacers Sports & Entertainment, will join the Summer Philharmonic as narrator for the performance of Frank Proto’s "Casey at the Bat."
Prepare for an “explosive” performance, when Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture bombards the Musical Arts Center, complete with light show! Also on the program: Beethoven’s Fifth Symphony, show tunes, tap-dance, and more.
You’re guaranteed to have a blast!
Musical Arts Center Box Office
Tickets for the Summer Music Series and Festival Passes can also be purchased in person from the MAC Box Office. Hours: Monday through Friday | 11:30 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- David Effron, Conductor
- John Rommel, Leah Hodge, and Evan King, Trumpet
- Marietta Simpson, Mezzo-Soprano
- Cassie Dishman & Morgan Stillman, Dancers
- Overture to Candide - Leonard Bernstein
- Symphony No. 5 in C Minor, Op. 67 - Ludwig van Beethoven
- Bugler’s Holiday - Leroy Anderson
- Casey at the Bat – An American Folk Tale - Frank Proto
- Vocal Selections (sung by Marietta Simpson, Mezzo-Soprano)
- Rondo from Tap Dance Concerto - Morton Gould
- It Don’t Mean a Thing (If it Ain’t Got That Swing)
- Duke Ellington | The Year 1812: Festival Overture in E-Flat Major, Op. 49 (“1812 Overture”) - Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
- Saturday June 28, 2014 08:00 PM
- Saturday June 28, 2014 09:00 PM
- Musical Arts Center
- Contact Email
- $12 General | $6 Student | Festival Pass
- Other Info