Camp Eeze-the-Wheeze, KIDDS Kamp and FIT Camp
These are unique day camp programs designed specifically for children ages 6-13 with diabetes or asthma or would like to learn about fitness. A dedicated staff of physicians, nurses, and respiratory therapists provide medical supervision.
Indiana University Kokomo School of Nursing students serve as camp counselors,
providing activities specifically oriented for children with diabetes or asthma. Campers
participate in arts and crafts, hiking, exploring and sports. Making new friends and
having new experiences makes these camps the highlight of each child’s summer.
Each day the children are taught more about how to live with and manage their
condition. Education programs include medication, blood testing, diet, exercise and
coping with emotions.
- Monday June 09, 2014 09:00 AM
- Monday June 09, 2014 03:00 PM
- 4200 South Park Road, Kokomo, Indiana 46902
- Lynda Narwold, Professor, IU Kokomo School of Nursing
- Contact Email
- $20 for the week, checks payable to IU Kokomo, and sent to Lynda Narwold
- More Contact Info
- Ph. 765.455.9308
- Other Info
- The rest of the camp fee is provided through grants and generous donations from corporations and individuals. We understand the financial toll of having a child with diabetes or asthma. For this reason, financial assistance is available in the form of camperships. To receive a campership, please make your request on the pre-registration application.