When Worlds Collide
Collaboration with the Latino Studies Department
- Film Screening-Not an NEH Grant funded film.
- This film explores the earth shaking period when the “Old World” (Spain) first encountered the “New World” (Central America’s) and details the creation of the new Mestizo culture.
- In 1492, two worlds that for thousands of years had developed completely independent of one another suddenly came into contact. In the following decades, those two worlds painfully and haltingly began to merge. The story of When Worlds Collide is a story that examines power, religion, wealth, and the nature of identity and ethnicity in the Americas right up to our own times.
- Wednesday October 09, 2013 06:00 PM
- Wednesday October 09, 2013 08:00 PM
- Savannah Center - Bergland Auditorium
- Contact Email
- Free Admisssion