As an individual, or as a small group, enter a Poetry Slam Competition that will take place at the IU Northwest campus from 2 until 5 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16 in the Bruce W. Bergland Auditorium.
Slam poetry is the competitive art of performance poetry, with a dual emphasis on writing and performance that encourages poets to focus on what they are saying, and how they are saying it.
At the IU Northwest Poetry Slam Competition, poet(s) will perform their works and will be evaluated by five judges. The poem must relate back to the themes and learning points found in The House on Mango Street.
- Each poem must be of the poet's original construction.
- Poet(s) have three minutes (plus a ten-second grace period) to read one poem.
- No props, costumes, or musical instruments allowed.
Minors are required to submit a Parental Consent Form/Assumption of Risk and Release from Liability.
Visit IUN.edu/onebook for complete rules and guidelines; sign-up forms; and a Parental Consent Form/Assumption of Risk and Release from Liability form.
For questions, please contact Andrea Griffin, Ph.D. at firstname.lastname@example.org or (219) 980-6912.
- Saturday November 16, 2013 02:00 PM
- Saturday November 16, 2013 05:00 PM
- Bruce W. Bergland Auditorium, Savannah Center
- Rochelle Brock
- Contact Email