"Effective Social Media Strategies for Nonprofits"
Indiana University Northwest’s Center for Urban and Regional Excellence invites leaders of local nonprofit organizations to learn more about social media marketing at a free workshop, “Effective Social Media Strategies for Nonprofits,” from 12 to 4 p.m., Thursday, June 27 in the Dunes Medical/Professional Building, room 2080.
Professor of Marketing Subir Bandyopadhyay, Ph.D. will facilitate the program. Bandyopadhyay is actively involved in research and teaching projects geared towards community development. He frequently conducts workshops for the local community on various topics including communication strategies for nonprofit organizations. He has initiated several service learning projects, facilitating collaboration between his students and local businesses.
The workshop is intended to help local nonprofits develop a better social media marketing strategy.
Objectives of the workshop are:
- To outline the challenges faced by nonprofit organizations in attracting donors and volunteers;
- To help nonprofit organizations in Northwest Indiana develop cost-effective social media strategies; and
- To help nonprofit organizations in Northwest Indiana explore various cost-efficient, yet effective, media options that are available to identify, inform and persuade potential donors and volunteers.
Nonprofit organizations play an important role in providing health and social services to people who cannot afford to pay for these services. Because of the current economic hardships faced by many citizens of Northwest Indiana, more and more people are relying on nonprofit organizations for help.
As a result, nonprofit organizations are facing a tremendous challenge in attracting funds and volunteers to maintain their services. At the same time, many benefactors of these organizations suffer from “donor fatigue” because they are approached frequently for donations. What can then be done to help nonprofit organizations meet this challenge?
Fortunately, the growth of various social media is offering a unique opportunity to nonprofit organizations for communication.
There is no charge for the workshop, which is sponsored by Innovate Indiana.
Registration is required. To attend, contact the Center for Urban and Regional Excellence at (219) 980-6978.
- Thursday June 27, 2013 12:00 PM
- Thursday June 27, 2013 04:00 PM
- Dunes Medical/Professional Building, room 2080
- Sandra Hall Smith
- Contact Email
- More Contact Info
- (219) 980-6978