IU Cinema presents: Like Someone in Love (2013)
Master filmmaker Abbas Kiarostami travels far from his native Iran for this mysteriously beautiful romantic drama filmed entirely in Japan. Like Someone in Love revolves around the brief encounter between an elderly professor, and a student who moonlights as a high-end escort. Dispatched to the old man by her boss—one of the professor’s former students—the young woman finds her client less interested in sex than in cooking her soup, talking, and playing Ella Fitzgerald records. Eventually, night gives way to day and a tense standoff with the student’s insanely jealous boyfriend; but as usual in Kiarostami, nothing is quite as it appears. (2K DCP presentation)
Sponsored in part by The Kinsey Institute.
- Friday April 05, 2013 09:30 PM
- Friday April 05, 2013 10:45 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Carla Cowden
- Contact Email
- $3 students and $6 public
- More Contact Info
- Other Info
- Tickets are available at the IU Auditorium Box Office, 812-855-1103, Monday - Friday 10:00am--5:00pm and in the IU Cinema lobby 1 hour prior to screening, if tickets are still available.