IU CINEMA: Stand in the Stream
This event was rescheduled from its original date of Thursday, November 15. Director/Artist Stanya Kahn is scheduled to be present.
Fast-paced, personal, and urgent, Stand in the Stream weaves together the narrative of Kahn’s activist mother’s physical and mental deterioration and death, the birth of Kahn’s son, and Kahn’s own role as a mother and child— all amidst the changing political landscape. The narrative lines shift from macro to micro in one breath, marrying intimate family-movie footage with live streams from Tahrir Square, protests at Standing Rock, and Trump’s inauguration. Shot on multiple cameras and formats, the film itself is a document of the ever-changing digital medium.
- Wednesday December 12, 2018 07:00 PM
- Wednesday December 12, 2018 07:58 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed.
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.