IU CINEMA: Sunflower Occupation
Jointly directed by nine members of the Taipei Documentary Filmmakers Union, Sunflower Occupation is a 10-part omnibus that recounts the genesis, process, and aftermath of the student-led Sunflower Movement of 2014. The film captures the challenges of democratic protest and citizen action during a powerful period of civil disobedience that tested the country’s democratic foundations. An intense portrayal of a revolution in action, Sunflower Occupation combines dynamism and contemplation as it situates the movement in Taiwan’s democratic transition and history of opposition to authoritarian rule. In Mandarin with English subtitles. (HD Presentation)
- Monday November 27, 2017 07:00 PM
- Monday November 27, 2017 09:00 PM
- The Indiana University Cinema is located at 1213 E. 7th Street, Bloomington, Indiana. We are located at the East end of the IU Auditorium building. Our main entrance is on the North side, facing the Wells Library.
- Brittany D. Friesner
- Contact Email
- Free, but ticketed.
- More Contact Info
- Ticket info. 812-855-1103
- Other Info
- Tickets are required for all screenings. You can pick them up at the IU Auditorium box office M-F 10-4 or in the Cinema lobby 60 minutes prior to any IU Cinema screening.